Use IMPROVED ACCESS to access healthcare services at your convenience. Please ask the receptionists for appointments.
*Please note: inorder to benefit from this service, you will be asked to share your health/medical data with our partners who are providing this service.
Text Reminder Service
We operate a text reminder service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to update us with your mobile number,
Interpreter and Chaperone
If you require an interpreter or chaperone to attend with you when you see our doctors or nurses, please notify the receptionists who will arrange one for you.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen, you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day by calling the surgery based on the receptionist schedule.
Private Medical Examinations
We continue to provide medical reports under non-GMC contract at a cost. (Note: we no longer provide doctors' reports or comment for 'Fit to Travel').
Some of these reports need to be based on medical examinations, for example, assessment for pre-employment health status, attending Universities, driving (DVLA) etc.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, so you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable page here before arranging any such examination. Please inform the receptionists when arranging such appointments.
Did Not Attends (DNAs) have a huge impact on care delivery, GP costs and waiting times.
Please let us know well in advance when you no longer need to attend your booked appointment so that patients who need the care can receive it.
Cancelling an Appointment
- If you need to cancel your appointment, we respectfully request at least a 24 hours notice to the surgery. Please also provide a reason for cancellation.
- You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
- Failure to attend an appointment will result in the surgery sending you a Did Not Attend (DNA) warning letter.
Appointments Information and Etiquette
- Appointments are strictly by prior arrangement and mutual agreement; these appointments can take the form of a face-to-face consultation, telephone consultation and home visits.
- Pre-bookable slots to see the locum doctors and the nursing team are availble for two weeks in advance of the current day. This is to keep DNA rates low, and to ensure patients who need the care can access it.
- On the same day appointment to see Dr Lee are available to be booked on the curent day. Please refer to 'Opening Hours' for details.
- When booking appointments, please provide as much information as you can to our receptionists who are bound by the same code of confidentiality as doctors and nurses. This is to allow our receptionists to direct you to the most appropriate appointments and relevant services, some of which may be delivered by specialists and allied healthcare providers outside of this practice.
- For face-to-face appointments, please arrive 15 minutes earlier; lateness even if it is by 1 minute risks cancellation.
- Telephone appointment follows the same procedure as all other appointments and will be allocated according to care needs on a first-come first-served basis; they are conducted any time between 0900hr to 1730hr on the date of the appointment.
- Home visits are reserved for house bound patients. Patients who have transport issue should not ask for home visits; patients found to have abused Dr's time risk receiving warning letters and remving from pateint list.
- GP clinics may occasionally run late due to unexpected complex cases, you will be seen as soon as the doctor is able to do so. Your patience and kind understanding are expected and appreciated in such circumstances .
- When any of the clinical staff have to attend to a complex case which may unexpectedly take up more than 4 patient slots, the surgery reserves the right to reschedule affected appointments.
- The surgery reserves the right to reschedule affected appointments when any clinical staff has taken ill or when no locum cover can be arranged due to short notice. If you believe that your medical condition requires attention call NHS 111, or 999 for medical emergencies.
- When your request is made outside of the stipulated time window, please expect that you will be asked to make the request on the next working day.
- If you fail to get an appointment as desired, particularly, the same day appointment with Dr Lee, please try again the next working day. Any disrespectful or offensive behaviour towards our staff or other patients will not be tolerated.
- Our receptionists are here to help patients deal with their enquiries, and some of which may be highly complex that you are respectfully asked to be patient and kind. The surgery operates under a zero tolerance policy.
- For repeat prescription requests, no patient should demand for repeat prescriptions urgently when insufficient drug coverage was a direct result of the lack in an individual's responsibilities to attend to one’s own health matters in a timely fashion. The surgery adheres strictly to our prescribing policy.
- When moving outside of the practice's catchment area, please inform the surgery for deregistration.